Found this wonderful recipe on the Alaskan Brewing Co. website. I am in love with Alaskan brewing and couldn’t wait to try out this recipe!
- 6 oz. Alaskan Amber
- 5 1/3 cup bread flour
- 1 3/4 cups water (110 degrees)
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 package instant yeast
In a heavy saucepan, bring Alaskan Amber to a boil.
Pour boiled beer into a large bowl containing 1 1/3 cups of bread flour. Stir well and let cool.
Add remaining flour, warm water, mustard, salt and yeast to the beer and flour mixture and mix thoroughly. Mix dough on medium speed for 10 minutes
Let rise until doubled, punch downRoll into 2 oval shaped loaves and slit top 1/4 inch deep with a sharp knife.
Let rise until doubled in size again.
Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 25 minutes or until golden. Yields two loaves.Recipe courtesy of the Silverbow Inn in Juneau, Alaska. www.silverbowinn.comIn addition Alaskan Brewing has a whole bunch of recipes for cooking with their beer. Check it out for some great recipes!
I loved this bread recipe so much I experimented and thought I would try it out with my bread maker and make a pizza dough with Alaskan Amber. I was talking to my friend on the phone when I was first trying this out and she asked me what I was doing and I told her I was pouring beer into my breadmaker. We both agreed it was silly and something I am known for trying to pull out, wrote i
Ingredients (for 2 8 inch pies)
- Alaskan Amber (or your choice) Beer- 5 1/2 ounces (165ml)
- Bread Flour- 1 1/2 cups
- Milk- 1 tablespoon
- Sugar- 2 tablespoons
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Butter- 1 tablespoon
- Dry Yeast- 1 1/2 teaspoons
Directions- Follow the directions according to your bread maker for pizza dough mine are as follows
- Put the ingredients into the bread case as done in loaf mode and press the mode button to select dough
- When the buzzer sounds, remove the dough from the bread case and place it in a greased bowl.
- Cover it with wrap and let the dough sit for 20-30 minutes
- Cut into 2 portions in round shape each.
- Cover them with a clean cloth and rest dough for 15 more minutes.
- Flatten dough into a circle, spread it onto pie plate and prick with a fork.
- Glaze the pizza sauce and add toppings as desired.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.